The answers to the FAQs are not legally binding, they are given only as an information and are a summary of the general terms and conditions of insurance. Please check and download this document from this website.

1. Who is covered with my bank card?

The persons insured with your bank card are:
The cardholder and when traveling: his/her spouse or common-law partner (any de facto couple, even same-sex) permanently living with the Cardholder; his/her children or those of his/her spouse or common-law partner, when single and under the age of 19 or aged 19 to 25 when full-time students, fiscally and legally attached (as per the home country’s Law) to the Cardholder, all living in the home country; his/her ascendants in direct line living with the Cardholder and at the same address. If you are holding a Visa Business card, you are the only coverage beneficiary of this card.

2. What are the main exclusions of the insurance and assistance contract of my bank card?

The exclusions common to all terms and conditions of the contract are: epidemics or infectious diseases of sudden onset including Covid-19 Coronavirus ; claims resulting or in relation with any preexisting condition; the Insured willful misconduct; the insured's suicide or suicide attempt; any claim resulting from your implication in fights, unless under self defense; acts of civil or foreign war and their conséquences; all team or competition sports organized as professionals or part of a competition (including training). Are also excluded expenses engaged without prior agreement from Europ'Assistance or not expressly stated in the present Information Notice.

3. Under which conditions can I benefit from the insurance coverage of my bank card?

To benefit from the insurance and assistance coverage of your bank card, you must : be in an Insured status; travel for a maximum of 30 consecutive days; pay at least 30% of your trip (transportation tickets, car rental, stay....) with your bank card. In your home country, only trips beyond 20 km from your home can be covered with the condition of your booking ahead at least two nights' accommodation.

4. Under which conditions can I benefit from the assistance coverage of my bank card?

To benefit from the repatriation assistance and medical expenses abroad coverage of your bank card, you must : be in an Insured status; travel for a maximum of 30 consecutive days; your bank card must be valid at the time of your assistance request. Only trips abroad can imply Assistance - Repatriation and Medical Expenses coverage.

5. Am I covered by my Social Security System when I travel to Europe, one of the member states of the European Union /European Economic Area (EU/EEA) or Switzerland?

Before your departure, you will need to ask for your European Insurance Health Card (CEAM) from your Social Security. This card will provide proof of your Social Security benefits and coverage to illness insurance for medical expenses, depending on the rules and legislation of your host country.

6. How to get a travel insurance or assistance certificate ?

To download your certificates, please go to the « Get a certificate » section or click here .
If you cannot access this section, one of the following has occurred:
- your bank card has expired. In such case, you can declare your new card in your personal account
- your present card does not include any travel coverage.

7. Who is covered with my bank card car rental coverage?

If you hold a Visa Premier or Infinite card, the persons insured with the Car rental coverage are:
- the holder of the insured card,
- any person appointed as a driver on the car rental contract and traveling with the card holder.

8. Do I have to take out additional insurance if I rent a car and pay for my rental with my bank card?

If you hold a Visa Premier or Infinite card, it already includes the damage waiver buyout insurance in European countries:
- in case of damage to the vehicle following a collision [codes: CDW (Collision Damage Waiver), DEW (Damaged Extended Waiver), LDW (Loss Damage Waiver)]
- in case of theft [codes: TP (Theft Protection), TPC (Theft Protection Coverage)].
In some countries such as the United States, Canada or South Africa, personal liability as a driver of a rental vehicle is not covered.
It is therefore recommended to buy LIA (Liability Insurance Automobile), or LIS / SLI (Liability Insurance Supplement) insurance there

9. Which number should I dial to contact the insurance and the assistance?

The number to dial to contact the insurance and the assistance is written on the back of your bank card.